Using our website, or Mobile App, is ideal for skip hire for the 10 following reasons:
1) Fast access from all devices; Android phone, iPhone, Tablet, Laptop, Notebook, Mac, or PC.
2) Simplicity; we really do offer an easy system in a highly complicated industry. Waste disposal can involve learning lots before you are ready to choose a service suitable for you, even before finding out the costs involved.
3) Price comparison for all areas of the UK. Let us do the work for you, using trusted operators to find the lowest prices available for your selection. Amending your quote is simple and you may compare other services that could suit your budget.
4) Time saving. No need for many phone calls, or for research, local rubbish removqal availablity or compiling quotes from various business price lists. Phoning around during office hours is outdated and not necessary. We do all the background work and keep you updated. Not just initial booking, but collection, echanges or any other help along the way.
5) Risk factor and peace of mind. You do not need to gamble on cowboy traders advertising cheap solutions, which may end up with your waste flytipped. Added tax, collection costs, or hidden charges might suddenly be added too. Any operators without correct licences can also cost YOU fines. Don't take a chance on where your waste could go, it may also go to Landfill and not recycled which is just not good enough in modern times.
6) Account access at any time of day. You can log in to manage your Uskip account at any time and keep access to this for future orders too. Book skips outside of office hours, arrange collections, or skip exchanges. The Mobile App is ideal for all users, especially if you intend to have future rubbish removal requirements.
7) Support, by instant message, social media, email or telephone. Again, our Mobile App is ideal, with support available throughout all stages of your skip hire. Having an account with Uskip gives priority support, since we are on your side and here to assist in quickly resolving any unforseen issues.
8) Experience in the recycling and waste removal industry. You can be confident that our staff have experience and training for all aspects of skip hire, recycling, and waste removal services, so you have access to a team that are dedicated and very knowledgeable.
9) Memorable, so well worth you being the first to tell your friends and associates of the new innovation bringing an outdated industry into the modern world: uskip.com
10) The App. Quite simply, the future of all waste removal throughout the UK.
Our innovative system at Uskip.com compares prices from your local trusted operators and displays the cheapest available for your requirements. You have fast convenient access and can easily amend your quote to find a suitable product for you. Perhaps there may be a local operator who can beat our quote, but we can only advise caution. Sometimes cheapest is not best and saving 20 pounds may end up costing far more by the end of your skip hire.
Firstly, we take away any risk; your rubbish will not end up flytipped, there will be zero chance of using an unlicensed cowboy trader. Additionally, finding a cheaper quote may end up taking much of your time, with many phone calls or messages back and forth. Your time is likely more valuable than any small saving you could discover, but it isn't just the initial time spent, since you will then need more time at each stage of your skip hire. More calls!
Saving time, as well as money, is where Uskip.com is far better than the rest. Not just a super fast and simple website, YOU have access to your account, anytime, from all devices; Mobiles, Tablets, Laptop, Notebook, Mac or PC. Any time of day you can book skips, arrange collection, exchanges, or gain support. We even have a Mobile App to make this time saving, simplicity and convenience, even more unbeatable.
Our extra support gives added value too. During working hours you gain instant messaging via our Mobile App or website, so you have help available at all stages of your skip hire. We also have our team of experienced staff ready to take your call, just incase of any unforseen circumstance or additional help required.
Cheap vs. speed, simplicity, convenience, support and risk factor. Uskip prices are the best lowest cost quotes by far.
Our Mobile App is available for free download on the Android Google Play Store or the Apple iTunes App Store. For iPhones, iPads, Android Smartphones and Tablets, you can choose the relevant link below, or manually search for "Uskip Skip Hire" in your device's App Store.
Using the App gives simplicity and convenience with your Uskip price comparisons and skip hire bookings, as well as direct support on your mobile device and out of hours account control. Save time, money, and phonecalls.
Skips are used for the disposal of non-hazardous waste such as building refuse, household items such as kitchen and bathrooms and garden rubbish. They are not for the disposal of hazardous waste and it is illegal for you to mix the two.
But please remember, it can of course only be used for any legal waste items.
You must never over-fill your skip. This is the law. To ensure the skip is safe to transport, you must ensure that it is not filled past the top of the sides. Over-filled skips will not be taken under any circumstances.
If you are unsure ask the driver before you start to fill your skip as this will prevent possible issues later with collection.
Below is a list of what is considered hazardous waste, if you need to dispose of these items you will require a special license and a different type of disposal service (some are listed on here).
Solvents, corrosive liquid, biological waste, medical waste, laboratory waste, batteries, aerosols, gas canisters, pesticides, anti-freeze, paint, waste oils, motor oils, vehicle batteries, tyres, wheels, fire extinguishers, fluorescent tubes and light bulbs, televisions and computer monitors, fridges, Asbestos, plaster, explosives.
Check out our skip size online in the menu section.
No, you do not but if you intend to put the skip on a road or pavement you will need to obtain a permit from your local authorities. This will cause a delay by around 5-10 days and permit costs vary across the UK.
A skip can be placed anywhere on your private property, provided that the driver can access the location when the skip wagon returns to collect it. As a guide we would ask for 9-10 feet width on the entrance to a driveway to allow the skip lorry to get in. However, it may be possible for the skip to be dropped onto the driveway from the entrance to the property.
You may not move a skip when it has been placed, or you may make it inaccessible. Always give clear instructions to the skip wagon driver when they arrive at your premises.
If you want to place your skip on public land (i.e. the road or pathway) you will require a permit from your local authority. This will come with certain conditions which you will need to abide by i.e. time allowed, covered, lights etc. USkip.com will arrange this for you via the operator selected and any local authority charges will be added to your quote.
All of our contractors are USkip.com approved so the rubbish you put in your skip will be processed by their own authorised facility which adheres to all UK and EU legislation.
As a rough guide, most skip companies recycle around 80-95% of the waste placed in skips. This figure remains our guideline for all our contractors to become USkip approved.
1. Enter your delivery postcode
2. Select your product or service
3. The cheapest price from available operators will be generated
4. Happy with the price? Answer a few more questions and confirm
6. Pay by card and receive order acknowledgement
7. Receive order confirmation
8. Take delivery on the day specified
9. We will collect on the agreed date/time
9. Finished with your product early? Or need another skip? Log in to your account to manage your order.
10. Rate the service and book again!
We will advise you on the size and type of skip you require and whether or not you need a permit from your local council. We will deliver your skip when you are ready for it and when you have notified us that your skip is full or that you have finished with your skip, we will collect it and reuse, recycle or recover the contents. We may be able to arrange a permit with your local council for you if you need to place your skip on the road (for more information about this, see the questions below about permits).
The prices vary depending on the size of the skip, your location and what materials you are disposing of.
You will also need to consider permit costs if you are placing your skip on a public road.
Your skip hire price is calculated based on the size of the skip you require, the nature of the contents, your location and any permit requirements of your local council. Using trusted operators in your area, comparison of prices occurs in this calculation and the cheapest will be displayed to you. You can amend your choice and choose different products to find a quote that will suit your budget and waste removal requirements. You do not need to have a registered account to use our price comparisons.
Established in 2017, USkip.com has grown from a small United Kingdom start-up to one of the largest waste e-commerce companies.
With a mission to empower people to experience and to make a change, USkip.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of waste. At USkip.com, we connect businesses and the public to USkip.com approved contractors with the world’s largest selection of products. Including everything from skips, roll-on-roll off skips, grab hire lorries, and more. Our site caters for each county waste requirements via the USkip.com website and mobile app.
As we are a booking aggregator we use Uskip.com approved contractors who you employ directly to carry out the works. However all of our contractors are fully licensed and insured. This is checked regularly, as well as other key items, before a contractor can become Uskip.com approved.
USkip is fully licensed by the Environment Agency as a waste carrier, waste broker and waste manager and has been providing skip hire in London for many years. Our materials recycling facility is licensed to process 1.6million tonnes of waste a year. Our vehicles are fully licensed by the department of transport. Our drivers are all licensed for heavy goods vehicles and are highly experienced in transporting, loading and offloading skips.
Uskip.com certified is peace of mind that your waste is managed correctly once it leaves you no matter what it is.
You might be worried what happens after it leaves you, but Uskip.com has an approved network so you can buy in confidence (and don’t worry, we check).
Here's some core elements what all our contractors and our team at Uskip believe in #RESPECTWASTE.
Recycle - Divert all waste from landfill to processing plants first and target recycling 95% of waste landfill at the last resort.
Emissions - All vehicles are at minimum 'Euro 5' engines and premises to reduce emissions and carbon foot print.
Service - Exceptional customer service with every order placed and on time, every time.
Pollution - Commitment to reduce air, water and waste pollution #beatpollution
Environment - Working to current environmental legislations as a minimum standard.
Commitment to the government and USkip polices, targets and waste prevention.
Together - Working together for the goals of our clients and making a better and safer world to live in.
This equals #RESPECT, respect to our clients, respect to our supply chain and respect to our future.
To modernise an outdated industry, to improve recycling and rubbish disposal in the modern world, it has to start with you. First decisions come from your choices, disposing your garbage in the best way suitable; Skip hire or not, who to trust, where should your trash end up, what price, when and how long you need... it can all get complicated.
Recycling your waste should be simple, convenient, safe and trustworthy, while at the lowest local prices. This is what Uskip.com is designed to do. Simple, convenient, online pricing and booking, with us doing any checks to remove risk, and our site offering price comparisons. On top of that, you keep access to your Uskip account for control of orders, delivery, collection, exchanges or price of various waste removal services in future.
Skip hire and the waste recycle industry needs improving and updating. It has to start with you. Choosing Uskip.com is the first step taken to do what's best with your rubbish.
U is for unrivalled; products and quality of services we bring.
S is for service; providing our great support from start to finish.
K is for knowledge; to educate clients, learn from our service users and supply partners a like.
I is for innovate; striving to create gains in the waste industry for a zero-waste recycling environment.
P is for pride; offering highest standards of skip hire, while doing what's best to reduce landfill.
This is what Uskip stands for and by choosing Uskip.com we believe you are making the change for a better world.
If you offer waste removal services or skip hire and you are not in our price comparisons, join us! You control your prices, let us include you and you'll start gaining work. This is the great innovation where we all win; the customer has access to cheaper deals, you gain the work, we do what we do best by bringing the two of you together. You don't need to pay for expensive website development, management or e-commerce charges, perhaps even saving your advertising costs once you are established on Uskip.com
Of course, you may already have all you need, as well as the goodwill of your own brand. Certainly, we don't want you to change anything. Uskip.com is additional, an add-on to your service. If you aren't offering quotes on Uskip.com then one of your local rivals will be. Don't lose out.
In the same way other industries work; fast food delivery, insurance comparisons, energy supplies, the famous taxi app also begining with U, phone sales etc, the antiquated skip hire and rubbish recycling industry is moving into the modern world. USKIP is worth being part of now. However, you do have to be a listed and established professional entity. We require evidence of permits / licences and we verify and corroborate to enable Uskip Certification. If you want more info or wish to join simply make contact, we are friendly and won't pressure for any decision.